"You can count the seeds in a sunflower, but you can never count the sunflowers in a seed."



Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Garden Tea Party





I love tea parties, so every year I celebrate my birthday with one!  This year I tried a new German torte recipe - Raspberry Torte with Joghurt-Cream.... yum!!  It's five layers took me four days to put together, but it was well worth the effort.  I also loved the idea of hanging my mother's, grandmother's and great-grandmother's hand embroided doilies as decorations.  Lovely!  I realised later that they were there celebrating with me through their beautiful work and fine stitches. 

Oh, it was a lovely day, and one to be remembered for great friends, delicious food, beautiful 'things', a swim in the pool alone, and a gorgeous pink sunset to end the day was a gift from heaven.  I am happy!  My last birthday tea party in Lilydale and it couldn't have been more lovely.  Thank you.

No comments: