"You can count the seeds in a sunflower, but you can never count the sunflowers in a seed."



Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

'Passing the time'

 Nahlia modelling her new skirt... made out of my grandmother's hand-embroidered tablecloth.


 Mum took me to see the Phantom of the Opera... what a nice treat!  It's always fun to dress up occasionally...


 My first attempt at pumpkin sourdough bread.... not bad, but it rose even less than my normal sourdough does.


 Enjoying some Kombucha on a couch covered with fake grass... at a funky cafe in Yungaburra.... 'That Retro Cafe'.


 Nahlia first trike... the beginning of learning her bicycle skills.


 A picnic rug / play rug...




 Another birthday...
 ... which we celebrated at 'Koala Gardens' in Kuranda.
This was amazing to see, but as we lived among wild kangaroos in Melbourne, we realised quickly that these were not real kangaroos...  :(
 Having a splash in a wading pool, Kuranda.


 It started with a new phone cover, then the creative splash went onto a new purse, which I really needed, and finished with a tissue holder..... which gave me a three piece matching set in my handbag!  Totally unplanned, I just followed where the creativity led me!  So fun!



 'Maya Chocolate Pie'... my raw birthday cake..... *drool*!


Reading about peaceful parenting... with Nahlia! Ha!


Loving the water yet again.... enjoying Lake Tinaroo.


Having fun and making friends at Playgroup!



A beautiful sunset at my Mum's place.

... So this is how we've been spending our last few months in Australia!

And now, with four weeks to go until we fly out of Australia, we're slowly getting excited!  There's many little things to do before then, 'tying up loose ends', finishing a few last sewing projects, visiting friends in the area, and plenty of sorting and chucking, and then there's the packing, packing, packing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great Em. Hope you enjoy your last days in Oz