"You can count the seeds in a sunflower, but you can never count the sunflowers in a seed."



Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Currently devouring...

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.
- Charles William 

I have found that I am now able to read a bit while Nahlia has her naps.... She sleeps on myseld or Ulf for all of her day naps, so it can feel a bit limiting sometimes, but it's great for making me rest!  Anyway, lately I'm reading during her naps and afterwards I feel like I've had a conversation with the author, which is lovely and reassuring on those days when I'm home alone with Nahlia and Ulf is at work.







I've just finished devouring 'Down to Earth' by Rhonda Hetzel... such a good, honest book about living simply, self-sufficiency, being kind to yourself, your family and your environment.  I;ve been inspired to look at my tasks as home-maker (or home-keeper) in a new light; I've starting making sourdough bread from scratch; I'm making kefir yoghurt and cheese and fermented vegetables; and I'm enjoying taking care of my home and my family.

I'm also enjoying 'Nourishing Traditions' immensely.  It is full of unknown nutritional facts from traditional cooking.

Ulf is enjoying ' Simple Prosperity' and 'A History of God'.

And I hope I get time to get into the others soon!

No comments: