"You can count the seeds in a sunflower, but you can never count the sunflowers in a seed."



Pages

Friday 13 March 2009

Worship and Coffee

Worship is like coffee... It comes as 'instant' or as 'freshly ground and brewed'. The flavour and aroma will tell the difference.

Just as instant coffee is ground and brewed before it is granulated or freeze-dried, so are the songs we sing written by people who have, figuratively speaking, gone through the process of roasting, grinding and brewing, before putting the words on paper.

As we sing those songs they can give us a 'kick', just as instant coffee does, but the flavour will not be quite the same as 'freshly ground and brewed'.

The question is:

Will I just be addicted to 'instant', or will the 'instant' compell me to a journey that will lead me to my own 'freshly ground and brewed' with the aroma of deep intimacy?

Also:

Am I willing to be the bean (roasted, ground and brewed)?

and:

What about organic-fairtrade???

No comments: